Software Architect, Engineer, Manager, Entrepreneur, Writer
MileSplit - The company I founded.
FloSports - The company that bought my company, where I have been happily employed since 2013.
Community Organization Leadership
- Florida Youth Running Association - Founding member and board of directors for FLYRA, which promotes and donates to elementary and middle school running programs and hosts the state championship meets in track & field and cross country.
- Longwood Historic Society - Vice President for this local organization that promotes love of local history and raises money for preservation of historic buildings, including three that we own in the Longwood Historic District.
- flrunners.com Invitational - As a college sophomore in 2000, grew this scrappy 400-athlete race into the largest cross country race in Florida with over 5000 participants. Served as meet director for 15 years and advisor for another five.
- FLYRA Middle School Track & Field State Championship - Started this meet in 2002 because I saw no consolidation in middle school track & field in Florida. Grew it to become the universally recognized state championship. Served as meet director until 2014, when I passed the torch.
- Monster Dash 5K - Longwood Historic Society needed a new fundraiser in 2018, so I proposed a community 5K at Halloween. It is now the organization's most important annual event.
Awards & Honors
- Jason Byrne Invitational - September 2019 - In honor of two decades of dedication to the race and the sport, the meet management surprised me by naming the Invitaitonal division of the flrunners.com Invitational after me at the meet's 20th anniversary.
- Top Rated Managed @ FloSports - January 2019 - It was announced at our senior management meeting that the team I manage has the highest overall NPS score of any in the company. NPS measures the team's overall happiness and job satisfaction. The score of +64 was not only rated #1 among other managers, but is quite remarkable and well above industry norms for even top companies.
- Most Valuable Performance @ FloSports - May 2015 - Earned MVP Award at our mid-year company-wide awards ceremony.
- Hartwell Conklin Service Award - May 2014 - Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation bestowed this honor at a presentation at the Golden South Classic for Outstanding Contributions to High School Track & Field.
- Distinguished Service Award - January 2012 - Florida Athletic Coaches Association presented this honor at the annual FACA Cross Country Clinic for service to the sport and contributions to the FACA.
- Excellence Award - January 2002 - Presented by the Florida Athletic Coaches Association at the annual cross country clinic for dedication in service to the high school cross country community.